WOW haven't written in forever. Last week seemed very short - our last day of work was uneventful, but bittersweet. I spent the better part of my week in that office, and it was sad to say goodbye to the girls, but I had a huge smile on my face when I walked out the door. After work, Elizabeth and I went for enchiladas with Faisal and his friend, then since it was already 11 met our roommates at a bar and had a great time together - our last going out together as hosuemates :( Friday, we went on a field trip around London with our marketing professor, then to a pub wtih him and his wife. After, Elizabeth and I went to Stella to collect our free things, which turned out to be only 2 things from a rack of Adidas stuff, but still cool that I got some free running gear with Stella's name on it!
Friday night, we went to a really cool club on a rooftop aptly named "Rooftop Gardens" on High Street Kensington b/c they were having an event - everyone there was super old though, so we left and went to O'Neils and had a GREAT time. On our way there, Kristin tripped and fell up the escalator, which ended wtih she and I spending half an hour in the tube station control room getting her bandaged up. I asked if we could rewind the security tapes and watch it again, while Kristin assured the man that she was "totally fine - I haven't felt that toe in like two months anyway." Elizabeth and I caught the night bus home (my first time - lazy me) from the bar and it dropped us off right near our house!
Saturday, we did homework and stuff most of the day, then the girls went to a pub together at night and split some Cuban punch and snacks before heading home and having an early night because we all had to get up and study for finals. Sunday, Kaitlin, Adrienne, Eugenia, and I went to the Flower Market. SOOO gorgeous and smelled great, then had lunch at a French cafe nearby. Came home and did a lot of paper writing, then went for a kebab for dinner with Adrienne. The guy behind the counter goes "you guys are still here? I thought you left already. You come your last day here and I'll take care of you." Kind of sad when the guy at the kebab shop knows everyone in your house huh? They should SO open one at home though - here there's one on every corner and they're unbelievable. Worked on a presentation for today most of Sunday night - one of our group members kinda fell off the radar, and she had written a huge chunk of our paper. We were scrambling for it, so we all took a part and rewrote it, sending her millions of emails and calls, only to find out this morning that she got hit while on a bike last weekend at her parents house in the country had had been in and out of consciousness for hte last week. Talk about feeling like a bad person. We told her no worries, if she did the final edit on the paper then she'd still get credit for doing her part. Life's too short ya know?
Today, I had my oral exam, kind of like defending my thesis for my dissertation, then had a presentation in my IHRM class, which went pretty well. After, all of the IU kids (we're all in the same class) went to a pub (notice a trend in my life here? my poor liver) and got some dinner, because some of the boys are leaving wednesday for a monthlong European adventure, so I wont see them until the fall. So strange that I wont bel iving with these people after this weekend. I packed today! One suitcase to store,a nd one to take to Italy. My room is naked, and it's weird and slightly depressing.
Saturday morning, we set off for Italy!!!!!!!!!1 Rome for 3 days, Florence for 3, and Venice for 2. Then it's home to see all of my friends and family! i'm getting SO excited to see everyone. Miss and love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment