Wednesday, 1 April 2009

Obama came to town

All kinds of excitement in London today as Obama got here for the G20 Summit. There were all kinds of protests in and around London all day, and some of hte tube stations were closed. There were protesters dressed in weird costumes on the tube too, scary stuff. It was eerie to walk past the Ritz hotel and see all of the windows boarded up as a precaution, and the STella store closed at one becuase we are on the route they were planning to march, and they thought our windows might get smashed. THe Rolls Royce dealership down the street emptied all of its cars, and the restaurants adn pubs near work all closed at one also for safety. So far though, I havent heard of much damage being done - most of it was peaceful protesting, and all violence I've read about was directed toward the police officers barrcading the protesters from getting too close to bankers and other professionals as they walked into work. We were all discussing this morning if the "riots" came to Stella, we'd all head down to the archive and take cover under magazines and use the new Fall stillettos to protect ourselves. Our boss Imogen said she'd be like, "step away from the Plexi heel!!!" Also, our water was out all day in the office today; luckily Elizabeth and I got to leave at 12:30 for class, but they were stuck until at least 3 before it could be fixed. They should have just closed our office too, but Stephane is coming tomorrow so God forbid everything isn't perfect when he gets here :/ But on to better things..

I'm about to sound really spoiled, but there really aren't many things better than taking a run in the spring in Hyde Park in the evening. It was like my legs wouldn't stop going because they wanted to soak it all in. There are daffodils everywhere, and dogs, and people jogging and relaxing; it's perfect. I went on a run, then ran to the grocery to get my dinner, and it made for a great evening. Now, though, I have to continue work on my 30 page dissertation that is due in 2 weeks on PR in Fashion, ugh. Also, i'm heading to Prague on Friday morning! Can't wait to see what it's like there, but it's my last trip of hte semester before we're done with classes :( Then it's work, finals, and off to Italy for a week, then HOME!!!! Can't wait to see everyone I miss you all!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you are that close to leaving. I am just starting to have things due for school. We are half way though, this week actually. I miss people back home :( But I am also not ready to leave. Hope all is well girl. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete