Sunday, 8 March 2009

Half an Hour in Paris

Well, I did actually go to Paris this weekend, technically, but started not feeling well right away. I was really achy after about 20 minutes of touring, so went back to our hostel to take a nap, which turned into a 7 hour sleep fest. I had a really bad sore throat, kept waking up really sweaty (attractive) and couldn't stop coughing. I woke up at 4am on Saturday and decided screw this, I'm not going to sit in a hostel alone and be miserable, I'm going home. I got my money back for Saturday night in the hostel and went home around noon, called a doc, and he came to myhouse with his little black bag (circa 1947). It reminded me of Father Tom. Every time I see him he tells me about how the first 8 kids were all delivered at home in his family, and they all thought that the doctor always brought the baby with him in his black bag. But when grandpa Paul was born, his mom went to the hospital, and they didn't know waht to think!

My doctor was actually from New York, and took one look in my throat and said "you poor thing, can you even swallow?" I have a touch of hte flu and a nasty little case of tonsilitis. He gave me drugs though, and I am now on the mend. So much for the National Heatlh Service, by the way. It's like the IU Health Center. They tend to believe that nobody gets sick except 9-5 monday through Friday. Zero doctor's offices were open yesterday, and I wanted so much just to pop over to St. Elizabeth to Dr. Kelly's office and get some drugs and be done with it. Geez. No voice to speak of, which is kind of funny. My friend Chad came over today and brought me popsicles, Sprite, chicken noodle soup, and crackers becuase I didn't want to leave the house, so so so nice. I actually have a tiny bit of an appetite, so I'm going to eat as much as I can because I have to take my meds with food, and I learned the hard way last night wht happens when you don't eat enough before taking the pill. Yick. All night last night all I wanted was my mommy :(

Anywho, just catching up on massive amounts of Grey's Anatomy, napping intermittantly (spelling? - I just realized how bad I'm getting at it), and getting super excited to see Logan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still can't believe he's coming - it will be SO nice to cut the time we're apart in half.

Stella's F/W Paris Fashion Week show is tomorrow, so I'm sure everyone that's there is freaking out. Nobody will be in the office tomorrow, so I think I'm going to take another day off and rest and get myself totally better. I just always feel bad when I miss work or school - but I guess it's not like I'm being paid, or even missed. There are so many interns they don't know what to do with us. Besides, I definitely can't answer any phones, people wouldn't even be able to hear me! Maybe not having a voice for awhile will make me a better listener? Something I've been trying to work on.

Love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment