Friday, 30 January 2009

Ahoy!

Last night was pretty fun. We went to a new bar called Ghost that was opening in a really rich area of Chelsea - lots of rich kids. The atmosphere was good, but even though it was free to get in, they charged like 8 pounds for one drink! Give me a break. We came home and all just hung out in the kitchen for a few hours, and I FINALLY got to watch some Lost before going to sleep.

This morning we woke up and I booked a trip to Barcelona with Andrea for March! I can't wait to go - she's one of my best friends from IU and is also studying in London, but not on the same program. After, Eliz and I went for a "run" in Hyde Park. (We ran about 1/5 of the time). We were inspired by a race that was going on though, in which 100 year olds were doing way better than I would have, so we decided we'll run again tomorrow. We saw the famous Peter Pan statue! It's so cool - we definitely need to start exploring Hyde Park more.

After coming back and doing laundry and whatnot, we went shopping for a little bit. I'm still on the hunt for my perfect pair of boots that dad is getting me for my birthday. I found near perfection, but they didn't have my size, so the search continues :) I did get a really cool pair of sneakers from a second hand store though.

Just got back and showered, and am getting ready to go on a boat cruise on the Thames with a bunch of kids. It's 007 themed, so we're all getting decked out (no pun intended). Tomorrow I think we're going to check out Portobello Road market which is really near our house and I've heard has some awesome stuff for sale (ie, I watched Notting Hill the movie and saw some cool stuff). I think we're also going to go check out all the places featured in the movie. I think the house with the blue door is currently up for sale and going for something like 4 million pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment