Yesterday was sooo long, but fun. At work, I got to work the "Friends and Family" Sale, where everything was 75% off. So many tall skinny women I didn't know what to do. And they all knew each other, it was so weird. But the clothes were gorgeous, and I was allowed to put aside anything I wanted for myself! Unfortunately, at 75% off the cheapest thing was still over 50 pounds, and it was a sheer tank top. Still, thought about getting a really pretty dress. After work Eliz and I grabbed lunch and went to our first class, Marketing in the UK. Our class only has 7 kids in it, all from our program, and I really liked how intimate it was. The teacher is great at keeping us engaged with different kinds of examples (classes here are 4 hours long - yikes) and it shouldn't be too bad. All of the classes here grade so differently though. Usually, your final is at least 70% of your grade. Can you imagine if we did that at IU? After that, we went to the Student Union and hung out for awhile (they have a full bar) and went to our intern class. The two guys who teach it are hilarious. We talked about leisure in the UK - how they spend their time when they aren't working, relationships, etc. Then took the tube home and finally arrived around 9:15. I feel like an adult and just wanted to go to bed! Bita, Audrey, Kaitlin and I went down to the Champion for a little bit and had a pint of Hoegaarten though before bed :)
Heard you guys all had snow days. Of course I'd miss that. It's warmish here! I'd like to see the snow this winter though, I miss it.
In regards to the title, it's pretty self-explanatory. I got out of the shower and shut the door on my heel, and have a huge gash in my foot now. Lovely. Am just about to head to work all day!
PS- We found out last week what our mascot is for City University. It is, get ready, a CARROT. Not just that either, one that looks like he's been smoking the reefer. Apparently, a long time ago, we didn't have enough money or a way to get our rugby posts to a match, so we had to have a donkey haul them there and the only way to get him to move was to dangle a carrot in front of him. Really?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment