Monday, 19 January 2009

Birthday Aftermath

Just got in from grocery shopping - got carded for a bottle of vodka!!! In America, they card you if you look under 35 I think. Here, if you look under 21 they card you! They lady asked for my ID and I told her "absolutely, I'll show you three forms if you want!" Had to carry my groceries back 20 minutes and felt like the kid in Home Alone when all of his bags break in the middle of the sidewalk! Also picked up a ton of boring stuff like laundry detergent and "topped up" the minutes on my cell to call mom.

Last night was great! We went to dinner at a place called the Gourmet Burger Kitchen with a bunch of people for my birthday, then went back to RedCliffe where the girls had party decorations for me! They had also gotten me a princess crown that we're going to pass around to each girl as she turns 21. Later on we went to a club in Picadilly called On Anon, where everyone was VERY eager to buy my and Courtney, who's birthday is also today, drinks. Needless to say I was a tad overserved, but luckily inherited a cast iron stomach from my parents and only had a slight headache today. Oh the joys of being young huh?

Tonight I'm going to go have a beer with my good friend Andrea who is also studying here before she jets off to Paris for the week (lucky.) Then it's off to the pub with dad for dinner, and early to bed because I have an interview at 11am tomorrow with Stella McCartney! I'm actually irritated with them right now because we were told that the interviews were mainly a formality, but found that it's possible to get rejected only from mine. Another girl and I, Elizabeth, are interviewing together (lame) and we were told they'll most likely only take one of us based on need. Hope they don't ask me to list my top 20 favorite designers!

Thanks to all for the great birthday wishes! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment