Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Just returned home from a great dinner with some friends in Picadilly Circus! I took the tube all by myself for the first time and felt very adult. I felt so independent walking around London alone - I feel like I'm already growing up and know that this trip is going to be life-changing! Yesterday after my interview, Elizabeth and I took a "run" (more like a walk, as I brought my camera) in Kensington Gardens, which is about 200 feet from our front door. We cooked a huge lunch, and went to a bar to watch the inauguration speech. After that we came home and got ready to go out with everyone, and went to a bar called The Roxy. It was ok, but they only played techno music and it wasn't very full so we went back to Zoo Bar and danced for awhile before coming home. Tonight everyone is going to a sort of gallery-bar type deal, very artsy from what I gather, but I'm super tired and wanted to catch up wtih Logan for awhile since I haven't talked to him in a few days. It'll be nice to get a good nights sleep for once and not have to nap in the afternoon :)

I think that since this is our first true weekend in LOndon (last weekend we were at our Homestay) we are planning on seeing some sights and going to a few markets. I'm very excited to do the touristy stuff, as well as go to museums, of which there are a TON. Looking forward to having a quiet night - I think I just need some time to myself to be alone. I haven't been by myself since I got here, and it'll be nice to just chill for awhile. More tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment