Saturday, 24 January 2009

Last Night Before Real Life Begins

How did I forget to blog about my dinner with dad and Stan? It was so much fun; we went to a pub for a beer first, then went to Gaucho's an Argentinian steak place. The food was delicious! OUr table looked out the window straight at the Tower Bridge. After, we went up to an E&Y get together at the restaurant next door, then dad walked me to the tube station where we said goodbye :( It was SO incredible having him here with me, I hope he gets a chance to come back while I'm here! Mom would love everything we're doing too, so preferably they'll come together and I can show them the sights since I'll be a true Londoner by then!

Today we got up and went to the Tate Modern art museum, which was very cool. Free admission, which made it even better :) I know as much about art as the average 2 year old, but I SO enjoy going to art museums. I love the idea of going in and being able to have your own interpretation of each piece, and having there be no "right" interpretation. There were some incredible pieces, huge installations down to tiny paintings. We went through about 3 floors of it, then hopped the tube and went shopping for a bit. We wanted to go to the Globe Theater, but it was getting dark and we wanted to see it in the daytime (maybe re-enact a sword fight?)

Tonight, we're meeting up with some kids at the London EYe at 7 to go up in it at night, which I have heard is incredible. It was a very clear day here (hooray!) so hopefully we'll be able to see the entire city lit up. Don't worry mom, lots of pictures will be taken. Tomorrow morning we're going to get up early and go to Brick Lane Market, one of the famous markets in London where you can buy literally anything from all corners of the globe. Can't wait! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment