Wow. First full day on the job. Got to work and was told that Eliz and I were going to be taking 6 deliveries because there was a problem with the courier today, then found out that they were ALL OVER London. We thought it would take maybe 2 hours, and got back 4 hours later to be yelled at for not hurrying. VERY cool though, delivering to Vogue, Elle, INStyle, you name it. You walk around one corner from our store and there is a Porsche dealership, and another is a Bentley dealership. Is this real life? Many times though, we were asked to go to "the back", you know, where deliveries go. Can't be seen mingling with the pretty people. We were always asked what courier company we were from; people found it very hard to believe that we were actually working for Stella. After we got back, we had some more work to do (searching through rooms for "looks" from the most recent line to send to a magazine) and then after one more delivery got to go home. I honestly think I walked 8 miles today, but had to eat lunch on the run so grabbed a burger and proceeded to feel like a sourdough pretzel in a world of pretzel sticks (at least I'll always have my wit.) London is so old, nobody has ever heard of a straight street. I guess a 6 hundred years ago when someone built a house, they just built the road around it. Anyway, the numbers go up and down and every which way, and the streets end wherever they want, so we were insanely confused all day. When we tried to explain this to the girls we worked with, they just kind of looked at us.
After work, went to H&M to buy some black flats because my brown ones are giving me massive blisters, especially after today, and went to the grocery too. I bought a canvas bag for my groceries because I'm trying to become a friend of Mother Nature. (Actually, I knew the plastic bags would break on the way home because of all of my heavy crap, so I had too :)
About to try and illegally download LOST, my favorite show, and head to bed. Tomorrow I have work until 12:30 and then class until 8. YIkes! Sorry if I sound like I'm whining; I'm really having the time of my life. Can't believe I'm really here and doing all of this. Love you all!
PS- heard about all of the snow at home, and wish it would snow a little bit here! It's been around 45 (Fahrenheit- no idea how to spell that), and everyone here complains that it is freezing. I laugh :)
Final Thought: The only real bad thing, aside from carrying groceries 20 blocks home, that I have found about living in the city. You don't really notice it during the day unless you get caught behind a truck, but I just got home and blew my nose and had pollution snot. Ewwww
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment