Just returned home from my weekend in the country with Chris, Neil, and Delphi. It was SO fun! They couldn't have been more welcoming, and Delphi and I had a lot of fun together. On Friday when I got there, I stepped out of hte trian into a good 6 inches of snow! When I had left the city, there was no snow on the ground and no sign of any to fall. After getting settled, we walked to the local pub and had a pint and I met some of hte people who live in their village and played with all of hte local dogs. When we got home I gave Delphi her book and she loved it! She is SO gorgeous: dark ringlets and freckles, and the cutest accent! Being around British accents all the time is so great; it seems like they speak the English language the way it was meant to be spoken, if that makes sense. She made me a keepsake box with my name written on it to put all of my memories from my trip in. THen we got takeaway fish and chips and ate it while watching Night at the Museum (Friday is family movie night.) Saturday, we went to St. Alban's Cathedral and walked around (it was beautiful) and then walked to the town of St. Alban's to go shopping, where Delphi and I got matching Beatle's t-shirts. We came home and watched Bedknobs and Broomsticks, then had a great dinner of soup, and bread with all kinds of cheese. We played Barbies and did their hair until bedtime.
Today, we woke up and while Chris took Delphi to her Irish Dancing class I stayed home with Neil and got all of my homework done (LOTS of reading). It was interesting to read about the "special relationship" that Britain and America have while sitting across the table from him - we had a lot of fun talking about how true some of it was. When the girls got back, we went on a long walk (about an hour) through fields covered in snow and muddy lanes to the pub for lunch, where we had the traditional Sunday roast. It was delicious!
After lunch we came home and made apple crumble, and Delphi and I played with some of her doll sets and watched High School Musical 2, which I had never seen. It was about what I expected, but she loved it :) Then, sadly it was time to go. It was the perfect weekend to be with family and I felt like I really was at home. I couldn't believe how much energy Chris has (she's 8 months pregnant) and how incredibly nice their family is. Neil and Delphi are planning on coming into London in a few weeks to go to a museum, and I'm definitely going to go with them. I can't wait to see them again.
In other news, on the subway to the train on Friday on my way to Harpenden (where they live) I open the METRO newspaper and what do I see an article about? THE CREATION MUSEUM! It was so cool to see "St. Petersberg, Kentucky" all the way over here, but so embarassing that that kind of crap made headlines across the ocean. The article totally mocked the concept of hte museum, luckily, and also made a joke about how he "waded through the flabby masses and their offspring." Sound accurate?
The girls were going to go see a movie tonight, but I'm actually really tired so we're going to go tomorrow instead and see "He's Just Not That Into You." Should be really funny. Thanks Andrea for being the first to comment - miss and love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment