Woke up at 4am to my roommate yelling explitives in her sleep this morning! It was so hilarious; even Amy doesn't talk in her sleep as much as my roommate does. Got mom's package before work this morning! A little taste of home; skyline chili, oyster crackers, and spaghetti, and more cookies than I'll ever be able to eat. LOOOOOVE her (and miss her like crazy)
Went to work in the rain, (what? rain in London?) and was immediately banished to the archive room to work on our project. After nine more hours today, we FINALLY got through sorting the magazines by country, and even sorted some of the smaller piles by magazine and publishing date (who knew that people in Latvia read Vogue?). My boss was super happy, and I got to leave half an hour early! I used this time to further hunt for My Perfect Boots (yes, I capitalized that). I hoped that wearing skinny jeans to work would set the right vibe and they'd find me, but they continue to elude; sigh, maybe tomorrow. Had a great lunch with Kate today, the other intern that started with us. She's British, and is given more trustworthy duties like answering the phones, so we rarely see her and it was great to get to talk to her more.
After work, came home to make dinner and got out a prawn (not shrimp here) dinner I bought the other day. I followed the instructions, and when I got it out of the oven it was like prawn curry soup. YUCK. I took one bite and immediately made a turkey sandwich instead. So much for trying to be mature and expand my palate huh?
Tonight, most people in my house are going to Ice Bar, but I'm going to go do karaoke (spelled wrong) with some people instead because we're going to Ice Bar for Haley's birthday next weekend. It's weird to think that next weekend will literally be one of the last I spend in London, since I'm traveling so much.
In great, awesome, can't wait news, LOGAN IS COMING! Probably in March for spring break. I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I'm going to save some of the cool touristy stuff for when he comes, so I don't pay to do it twice, and I'd also like to take him up to Liverpool so we can go on a Beatles tour together. Elizabeth left work early today to go visit her boyfriend who is studying in Sevilla and I couldn't be more jealous.
Can't wait to go visit Christy and Neil tomorrow! There may not be any more blogs until Monday, as I'll probably get back Sunday evening and will have a ton to catch up on. We're supposed to get a lot more snow tomorrow, and it would be SO fun to play with Delphi. That's all for now; stay tuned for more news from the archive dungeon and a Beischel reunion!
Final Thought:
Logan's roommate Zach, who I love, just wrote me this poem and I think everyone should read it (excuse the bad word at the end; I refuse to censor his beautiful prose)
Christiinnee chrisstine, how I miss you sooo
Christine ohhhh christine, how could you gooo
Christine babay babay i cry tears all the time
ohhh where did she go, my ray of sunshine
I hope londons cool and you really adorrre
itBut I hope you fuck up and get deeporrrted
PS - Will someone please comment at least just once? I feel like a loser; everyone else gets comments!!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

CHRISTINE!!! Here's your comment :)
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I'm noticing changes in your vocab and word choices..must be the British!
And that poem is classic, gotta love double squared.
As you know, loving your blog and your crazy adventures. Bloomington is still the same, although it misses you so much!
Love youu