Saturday, 28 February 2009

"I had to take rhino home"

Last night was, of course, hilarious. We hung out here for a little bit with the kids in our house, then moved on to Redcliffe to meet up with the rest. We all just drank a little there in their "teacher's lounge" in the basement before heading to zoo bar. We knew it's always at least a good time, if not great. Lots of tourists, and they play 80s and 90s music, so we were there. We danced all night, but Elizabeth wanted to go home a little earlier than everyone else (wonder why), so Sarah stayed wtih all the kids in our house and I decided to take her home. We walked outside near one of the busiest parts of London, and could not find a cab to save our lives. We walked everywhere, finally finding one an HOUR later. They all had people in them! It was so sad, but we of course were cracking up the entire time. And since our phones are pieces of crap here, and I'm too lazy to figure out how to send texts, I always just leave up whatever the dictionary gives me and then send it. I texted Chad trying to tell him that "I took SHimma home" (Shimma is waht we call Elizabeth) and instead texting him, "thanks for baring (caring), I had to take rhino home". We all had a good laugh about that one today.

Our friend Kristin, who is always good for a hilarious story, went home by herself last night, and supposedly thought she was in a semi-sketchy area (she wasn't). So in order to "make herself as unattractive as possible so guys wouldn't talk to her", she decided it would be an awesome idea to buy a hot dog and carry it around. She is about 5' 10'' and eats more than all of us put together, and we always talk about her "fat kid" moments. Well, when she woke up this morning and went to put on her boots again, there was ketchup and onions in them!!!!

Today, we got up early and went to "tailgate" for the Chelsea game. It was really fun - seeing the atmosphere around the stadium was incredible. We didn't want to get tickets (they cost about 80 quid) so we went and got jerseys and hung out at a pub. I got Logan and Joey one too! Tonight, we're just going to have a more low-key night, and go to a pub or something. I cna't believe its already Saturday night! Having Sarah here is sooo fun but makes me really homesick. Can't believe she flew all the way here! WE're going to do more touristy stuff tomorrow before she has to go home :(

No comments:

Post a Comment