Wednesday, 11 February 2009

"The Special Relationship"

Today had work, class, and class again. At work we read through some magazines and listened to our poor manager get yelled at for daring to send the same dress to two celebrities to try on, because they might both wear them during this awards season. Geesh. After a little while went back down to the basement, and got through the last few boxes of France. Tackling the good old US of A tomorrow and then they're ALL sorted! Only took two weeks :) THen we have to move htem all back into the room, oh joy. It'll be such a sense of accomplishment when it's finished though, weird as it sounds. Again, never thought I'd hear myself say this (see myself type this?) but I am SO tired of magazines!

We found out this morning that the exchange rate has dropped again to 1.43 so we made sure to get money out after work; every little bit helps! After that Eliz and I went over to where our college is and grabbed lunch at a Chipotle type place that was sooo good. A little taste of home. Then went to marketing class, which is always very entertaining. At the beginning of each class, we have to talk about an aspect of marketing that is different from at home. I whined about bagels that come unsliced here, and got made fun of for the way I say baaagel (apparently).

When we got out of class it was super windy and rainy and COLD. Basically, a typical day :) Went to our internship class to find out that the catering staff had forgotten our snacks again, for which our teachers were so angry that they let us out of class a little bit early! We talked about the "special relationship" between Britain and the states, and about how it gets talked about a lot more here than at home, at least to my knowledge.

I was in a very good mood all day because dad's surgery went so well and he's doing great! I gave some money to a homeless guy on the tube because I figured if I can take that much cash out of an ATM and everything, I can give this guy a little money. Got home around 9pm from class and found that our entire street was taped off with police tape! Eventually the cop told us that somebody on our street had a gun or something. (Handguns, etc. are all majorly illegal in England, along with mace, which is a huge crime) Came home and had an awesome dinner; I made ricotta and spinach ravioli with mushrooms and tomatoes on top. Yummmmmm.

About to read some stuff for school and maybe watch a tv show before bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment