Watched Pineapple Express with the girls last night - SO funny (hence the quote). We went to rent a movie and went to Waffle House, a little hut on the corner that sells Belgian waffles with anything you can think of on them. Then came upstairs and watched a bunch of American TV shows (illegally because everything is blocked here) before going to sleep. It was nice to have a relaxing, inexpensive night. Woke up this morning and went to the grocery with Bita and Audrey. It SNOWED TODAY!!!!! Just a few flurries here and there, but still very exciting to me after hearing about all of hte blizzards you guys have been having. We went to Marks and Spencer for groceries - it's good because they mostly have organic healthy stuff, but bad because I needed some chocolate. Bad. :) So after Mark's and Spencer we went to Tesco, which sells a lot more American stuff and got my weekly stock of Diet Pepsi, only to find out that it is being discontinued at the grocery!!!! I might have to go cold turkey if that's the case until I get home.
Came home and did a mountain of homework. I had about a million pages to read for my international HR class (yawn) and have to start a paper regarding the differences between families in the UK and in America. Again, totally stimulating. Actually, the reading wasn't that bad, I just would rather be outside doing something rather than reading. I still feel like I"m on a four month vacation and shouldn't be subjected to homework while I'm here!
Tonight, I'm going to go get some sushi with the girls in my house, then watch the beginning of the Super Bowl! It doesn't air here until 11, so I probably will only watch until halftime. Gotta get up and go to work! I read an article in the paper last week entitled "How to Throw a SuperBowl Party" - the main requirements, according to the article, were to have plenty of popcorn and Budweiser on hand. :) Wishing I was at home to eat all of mom's delicious food and dad's "secret" chili! A lot of places in the city are having parties, but they all cost a ton of money to get in, and since the tube closes at midnight we'd have to take a cab home from wherever we went. No thank you.
Hope everyone has a great time tonight! Miss and love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment