Any idea what that means? Yea, me either. Polish? Swedish? Taiwanese?But I spent nine hours today sorting 5,000 magazines (didn't finish) into boxes according to country. I think we were up to about 25 different languages when we left today. Unfortunately, the only languages I can distinguish are Spanish, French, and English. But now, I think i'm fluent in about 40 more. This "archive" is the most unorganized thing I have EVER seen. It is in the basement of the building, and the whole place smells like gas. ANd it's cold - I wore my jacket and gloves all day. On top of that, everyone was stressed out all day because FedEx didn't run yesterday so we were swamped. (You know, they shut down completely because of hte 3 huge inches of snow :)
Anyway, we got yelled at a lot because people were taking their stress out on the two Americans in the basement. I got yelled at for "stealing" a sheet from a newspaper because it "might" have had a story about Stella in it. Really, I had already looked through every paper for Stella stories and just wanted a picture of a giant snowman in Hyde Park. Elizabeth and I had a great time though, and just can't do anything but laugh most of the time. It really is comical what we're doing - basically manual labor. But at least we have each other - I don't know what I'd do if I was the only one. Definite highlight of the day (besides nearly peeing my pants every 15 minutes from laughing so hard at our "job" - I think the gas fumes started to get to me) was my lunch. I ran out and got a bagel with bacon, brie, spinach leaves, and tomato on it and it was SOOO good.
After work, we were going to go to TKMaxx (like TJMaxx, but British) to pick up some Tshirts we really want. They are designed by Stella for Comic Relief, and feature the Beatles with red noses. All of the proceeds go to charity, and they're only ten pounds. Didn't happen though - we're going this weekend because we didn't get out of work until 7. Came home and made dinner and were cheered up by all of our roommates singing the soundtrack of Mama Mia until we couldn't stop laughing. Now I'm just taking a break from my paper on British family life, which I am amazingly nearly knocked out in about an hour. Tomorrow I have work until lunchtime then class all night, so I want to make sure I'm caught up.
I'm definitely visiting Christy and Neil this weekend! I'm going on Friday afternoon and Christy is meeting me at the train station. Can't wait to meet them and Delphi, and to give Delphi her book! Should be a nice relaxing weekend; I'm really looking forward to it. Miss and love you all!
PS- Anna told me last night that Megan (Walsh) reads my blog alot, so I had a dream that she was the Queen of England last night and I was her crown polisher. Art imitating life?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment