Wednesday, 4 February 2009

Tales of the Archives

LONG day. We went to work until 12:30 (archived the entire time and almost got through the first round of sorting!). There are about 6,000 magazines, not exaggerating, in the archive, and we're nearly done sorting by country. Unfortunately, once we have them all out in the hallway, there isn't anywhere to organize them because the archive has so much other random crap in it. I wore my brand new jeans today and it was really cold in the basement; that combined with squatting a million times to pick up magazines gave me, as Joey would say, the chafes. Lovely. :)

After grabbing a quick lunch we headed over to school and went to our Marketing in the UK class, which is always a pick me up. Our teacher is hilarious, and has all sorts of activities planned for every class session to make it more lively, since they are all scheduled to be 4 hours long. He even gives us a kindergarten snack break halfway through! My next project in the class is to write a loooooong essay pretending I own a company that rents private jets to business execs, rich people, etc and the micro and macro effects that would dictate how good my business would be. I'm going to try and have a lot of fun with it, and will probably end up spending more time thinking about what my planes would have in them (plasma tvs, chairs that recline into beds, hot tub, full bar,every movie ever made on demand, etc) than the effects of the economy.

After that, went to my NEXT class, for all of the interns, where we learned about "Britishness." What makes a Brit a Brit? It was actually really interesting, and we talked at length about citizenship laws and stuff, and got a copy of the citizenship test, which is total crap. They ask who the patron saint of Wales is on it! And when the first census in England took place! I've heard the American citizenship test is just as ridiculous.

After class, to which everyone comes straight from work, we all needed a break. We went to a place called Natural Burger and I had probably top 3 hamburgers of my life (it could have something to do with the fact that I was about to eat my arm I was so hungry.) Dad's is still the best though. Nothing beats one made on your home grill while you sit around with family and have a Corona. Miss you all!

Came home and grabbed a shower, now just catching you all up before I head to bed! I think we're going to try to hit up Ice Bar tomorrow night, if not then definitely for Haley's birthday next weekend.

Love,
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment